• In feeding preschoolers, it is essential to ensure that the child consumes the appropriate amount of the served meal within the adequate amount of time. It is also necessary to keep the child's attention on the meal-taking process for better food assimilability and control of the food's nutrition facts and amounts consumed.
• In practice, to make the meal-taking process more attractive, parents often install a mobile entertainment device in front of a child taking a meal, so the child's attention may switch to the show on the screen for an uncontrolled amount of time.
• TUMMY motivates children to consume meals without significant interruptions.
While still displaying the show to the child on the mobile device, TUMMY pauses it if the child stops eating and asks the child to continue.
• When the child resumes taking a meal, Tummy resumes the show and awards the child with a short and fun End-of-meal visual trick at the end of the meal session.
The main achievement here is not that the child eats the whole meal but that they acquire the useful skill of listening to others for their own benefit.
TUMMY's unique magic is a flat profile high-precision Bluetooth-enabled food scale, which serves as a coaster for a meal plate:
• The scale monitors the weight decrease during the meal session and generates the Bluetooth signal every time a delay is registered for over 20 seconds.
• The accompanying mobile app then uses the received signals to pause or resume the video content displayed to the child during the meal session.